Do you ever feel fascinated after taking a bite of the cake from your favorite bakery and getting lost in the richness of the cake? We all do. The thing about the bakery’s cake is the ingredients that they use to escalate the dish to an upper level. But what if you want to make it at home? Why does the cake make at home not get the same texture, velvety feel, and moisture as that of the bakery store. That’s because they top it up with a good little whipping cream.
Whipped cream is one of the quintessential toppings that you can ever use for the cake. It not only makes the cake tastier but also adds creaminess and richness to the entire desert. Not just the cake but any other desert, whipping cream is sure to get the taste buds satisfied. It allows you to add the patterns, top it up with designs and make the perfect cake at home.
But making whipped cream at home is tough and doesn’t provide the same level of taste as that of the bakery one. So what should you do? Thankfully, there is plenty of good whipping cream available in the market that can help you get your cake to the next level and make it tasty. We here take a look at the best whipping cream available in India and provide a user buying guide to get the right whipping cream for yourself. Let’s check it out.
List of Best Whipping Cream For Cake In India
How to Choose Best Whipping Cream for Cake in India
There are various things you need to look at when you buy whipping cream for cake from the market. A good whipping cream needs to have certain characteristics and features and we here will extensively talk about it in this section. Here’s the list of them.
1. Type of Whipping Cream
- There are mainly three types of whipping cream available in India the market. They are dairy-based whipping cream, non-dairy whipping cream, and powdered one. The main thing when buying a whipping cream is to decide which one suits your needs better. The diary ones taste quite good but are also less likely to last for a long term. This is why non-dairy whipped cream is the best seller as they not only provide the taste but also has a long shelf life. The powdered ones are generally used if you are experienced in cake making and can create whipped cream from the powdered form as per your need.
2. Ingredients and Flavours
- The ingredients used in whipping cream vary according to the type of it. The diary ones will use milk solids as the key component while the non-dairy will come with soy and hydrogenated oils. Similarly, the powdered ones will have dried milk solids, stabilizers,and particles in them. However, those are just the base of it and it will also feature additional flavoring like vanilla or another essence to improve the taste. Look for the ones with vanilla as that will give your cake a good flavoring substance and make it rich.
3. Level of Fat percentage
- Whipped cream needs to have a substantial amount of fat in it to make it a good one.Whipped cream with a lesser fat percentage won’t hold properly on the cake and wouldn’t give your cake the desired texture and design. Always look for whipping cream with at least 30% fat percentage as the higher the percentage, the better the taste and feel of it.
4. Durability and Shelf Life
- Surely, the whipping cream won’t be used all at once if you are to make the cake at home. The consumption of whipping cream at home is much lesser than at the bakery where they have to make large batches of cake everyday. This is why durability and shelf life mattera lot when buying them. A diary one is more perishable than the other two. Similarly, you need to store them in a freezer to make them last longer. Always check the shelf life and durability while buying it.
You’ll find different brands of whipping cream in India available at different price points. Always check their prices of them to see which one suits your budget. Some of the foreign brands may cost higher than the others but may have better quality. Take a look at the options and select the one that has better quality within the preferable price point. That way your cake would turn out to be of bakery quality without being too expensive on your pocket.