Abhay Deol, an off-the-grid actor who is known for his flamboyant roles in the sleeper hits, was born into an influential family of Deol’s. The Deol family, with its two generations of colossal Bollywood figures, have served the movie arena quite well.
Abhay Deol is slightly off the mainstream remarks as he plied his trade in content-based movies rather than the run-of-the-mill commercial dramas. His stellar choices have allowed him to garner immense praise and acclaims within a short span of time.
Often known as an actor who can play complex characters on the screen, he has starred in Bollywood for over a decade now. Let’s dwell into his fine career and unearth the list of top ten best movies of Abhay Deol of all time.
10) Honeymoon Travels Pvt. Ltd (2007)
- A comedy-drama film, this one was directed by debutant Reema Kagti and was produced by Farhan Akhtar alongside Ritesh Sidhwani.
- This movie resembles the story of six couple who are on their honeymoon excursion to Goa. It explores the trials and tribunals faced by them in this 4-day trip.
- The movie featured Boman Irani, Kay Kay Menon, Abhay Deol, Ranvir Shorey as male counterparts while Raima Sen, Diya Mirza, Minissha Lamba, Ameesha Patel and more as female leads.
9) Raanjhanaa (2013)
- Literally speaking, this movie is all about Dhanush and his incredible acting skills. But, slipping pass by, a fine actor Abhay Deol, played his part albeit in a short cameo role.
- The movie was directed by Anand L. Rai and featured A.R.Rahman as the music director.
- The movie featured Sonam Kapoor, Swara Bhaskar and more in major roles.
- The movie showcases the love story that encompasses between the major characters and the myriad relations.
- It was declared a hit by the box office verdict.
8) Socha Na Tha (2005)
- A debut movie for Abhay Deol this one was directed by Imtiaz Ali.
- The movie featured Ayesha Takia as the female counterpart.
- It explores the story of two unknown leads coming together for a marriage and their trials and turmoil.
- The movie was praised for its story portrayal.
7) Chakravyuh (2012)
- A movie by Prakash Jha, this one is themed on political drama.
- The movie featured Arjun Rampal, Abhay Deol, Esha Gupta and Manoj Bajpayee as the leads.
- The movie was praised for its realism and story portrayal.
- However, the movie failed to attract an audience and bombed at the box office.
6) Shanghai (2012)
- A political drama film by Dibakar Banerjee, this one is based on a French Film Z and the novel of thesame name by Vassilis Vassilikos.
- The movie featured Abhay Deol, Emraan Hashmi, Kalki Koechlin and more in major roles.
- The movie was praised for its fine way of encompassing such myriad of political caveat.
- Truly, one of the underrated movies of current times.
5) Ek Challis Ki Last Local (2007)
- Another stellar movie, this one was directed by Sanjay Khanduri and was themed on crime comedy.
- The movie featuredAbhay Deol and Neha Dhupia as the leads.
- The movie was praised for story content and went on to become one of the surprise hits of the year.
- The movie remains a cult classic in Bollywood vault.
4) Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye! (2008)
- A black comedy film by Dibakar Banerjee, this one featured Abhay Deol, Paresh Rawal, Neetu Chandra, Richa Chadda and more in major roles.
- The movie speaks up on a dysfunctional family residing in West Delhi.
- The film went on to receive the accolade of National Film Award for Best Popular Movie.
3) Manorama Six Feet Under (2007)
- A thriller movie, this one was directed and co-written by Navdeep Singh.
- The movie featured Abhay Deol, Raima Sen and Gul Panag as the leads.
- It is a neo-noir movie portraying an amateur detective who gets entangled in a web of lies and conspiracy.
- The movie remains one of the best thriller movies of current times.
2) Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara (2011)
- A coming-of-age drama film, this one is directed by Zoya Akhtar and featured a wide assembled cast.
- The movie features Abhay Deol, Farhan Akhtar, Hrithik Roshan, Katrina Kaif, Kalki Koechlin and more.
- The movie explores the different avenues of three childhood friends who set out on a bachelor trip to different parts of the world.
- It remains one of the best movies you will ever see in your life.
1) Dev. D (2009)
- A modern adaptation of the Sarat Chandra Chattopadhyay’s Devdas, this one was directed by Anurag Kashyap.
- The movie features Abhay Deol, Mahi Gill and Kalki Kochlean as the major leads.
- The movie was embraced by media, crowds, and viewers alike.
Damn, the list was as good as it gets. A truly versatile actor who can slip into any complex characters with ease. We hope you had a great time going through the list.