Indian Bank is a public sector bank which was established way back in 1907 in Chennai. The bank was nationalized in the year 1969. Indian Bank has a wide network of 2851 branches, 2857 ATM’s and 693 cash deposit machines all over India. The bank also has 227 overseas correspondent banks in 75 countries. Indian Bank also has two subsidiary companies which are Indbank Merchant Banking Services Ltd and Indbank Housing Ltd. Overseas branches of Indian Bank are present in Colombo and Singapore.
The information systems and security processes of Indian Bank are ISO 27001:2013 certified. The customer care number and balance enquiry methods for Indian Bank have been mentioned here.
Indian Bank balance enquiry Number
There are multiple ways for customers of Indian Bank to check their account balances.
- Missed call service for balance enquiry is provided by Indian Bank. The customer has to dial 09289592895 from his/her registered mobile number. The call disconnects after a few rings. Thereafter, an SMS containing the details of account balance is received on the mobile phone. In order to avail this service, the mobile number must be registered with the bank.
- In order to check the account balance through SMS service, the customer must get his/her mobile number registered with the bank. Thereafter, he/she needs to type BALAVL and SMS it to 94443-9443. An SMS containing the account balance details is sent to the customer’s mobile number.
- IndPay mobile app also provides a simple way to get account balance details. The customer needs to download the app and register. Thereafter, he/she needs to log in using the username and password. Clicking on ‘Accounts’ after login displays the balance.
Toll free number of Indian Bank
The customer care toll free number of Indian Bank is 1800 4250 000/ 1800 425 4422. This is an automated system which asks the customer to enter the CIF number. After the CIF number is entered, the system lists different options. The customer simply needs to press the required number.
Indian Bank Net banking
Indian Bank provides net banking facility to its customers. The customer needs to have a registered mobile number with the bank account, active debit card and PIN, registered email address and account number. The steps to create a Indian Bank net banking account online have been listed here.
- Visit the website https://www.indianbank.net.in and click on ‘Register Online’.
- On the next page, type your account number or CIF number and the registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP received on your mobile on the next page.
- Your account details are displayed on the next page. Select ‘View and Transaction Facility’.
- Set your user name and password on the next page and click ‘Submit’.
- Set two security questions on the next page.
- Select ‘Activate Through ATM Card’ on the next page.
- Enter your ATM card details in the given fields on the next page.
- The registration is successful.