You all know that PAN Card is an important document and sometimes when we get a PAN Card, we notice a mistake in the details mentioned on the PAN Card. Now, this can be because of a typing error during the application procedure. Often, the mistake could also be because of the different details provided by us during the application procedure. Also, it is now mandatory to link the Aadhaar card with the PAN Card and the only condition to link the two is that the details on the Aadhaar Card should match the PAN Card.
If in case, there is a discrepancy in the details, the details on the PAN Card should be corrected and it is only after then that you will be able to link the PAN Card with the Aadhaar Card. If you remember, you would have filled a Form 49 A or 49AA to apply for the PAN Card. this form is also used to apply for corrections in PAN Card.
In this article, we have listed the process to make corrections in PAN Card and later in this article, we have listed the process to check the status of the corrections.
Steps to Get Your PAN Card Details Corrected
- Visit the TIN-NSDL website to get the data corrected and the link for the website is https://www.tin-nsdl.com/. On this website, click on Online Services from the menu bar on the top and select PAN.
- You will find yourself on a new page with all the PAN related service. On this page, click on Apply Button under the options for Corrections in PAN Card. You will now be redirected to Form 49A
- Start filling in the details on the form and select Corrections on the Top. You will be issued a token number after submitting the initial mandatory details. Now, the main part of the form will be displayed.
- Select the workflow that you wish to follow and enter the corrections that are needed to be made. Complete all the sections of the form and verify your Aadhaar card with help of OTP. You can also choose to upload the document online.
- Make the payment of the fee to finalize the request and once that is done, the request will be submitted. An acknowledgement letter will now be generated and you will have to send this acknowledgement letter to the department. The official address for the post is mentioned in the acknowledgement letter.
- Do now forget to attach the documents and photo along with the acknowledgement letter. Also, sign the documents wherever necessary.
This is how you can apply for Correction on PAN Card. After the process is complete, it takes about 2 to 3 weeks for the department to issue a new PAN Card to you with the corrected details.
It should also be noted that the PAN Number remains the same and there won’t be any corrections on PAN Number.
Tracking Corrections on PAN Card
There are two ways to track the status of the request. One of them is the online way and the other one is through IVR. We are going to discuss both the ways below.
Through Website – If you wish to track the status of the PAN Card via the website then you can visit the tracking page on TIN-NSDL Website. The direct link to track the changes is https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/pantan/StatusTrack.html. On this page, select the application types as PAN New / Change Request and enter the Acknowledgement Number that you received during the application process for correction. Enter the captcha code and click on the Submit The status of the PAN Card Corrections will now be displayed. Also, you can use the link mentioned above to track the status of the new PAN Card.
Through IVR – If you are willing to track the changes via Phone then there is a way for that as well. You need to call on 020 – 27218080 and follow the IVR instructions to check the status of the PAN Card. it should be noted that this number is functional 11:00 PM to 7:00 AM if you wish to use IVR and if you wish to speak to someone at the call centre then you can call between 7:00 AM to 11:00 PM.
This was all about the PAN Card corrections. If you are not able to link the Aadhaar Card to the PAN Card then you can follow the process listed above and get the details corrected easily.
- How to Surrender Your Additional PAN Card?
- Know Your PAN Jurisdiction A.O. & How to Change it?
- How to Get Urgent New PAN Card Within 2 Days?
- PAN Card Customer Care Number, Office Address, Toll-Free Contact Number