Kotak Mahindra bank started its operations in 2003 in India and prior to this, Kotak Mahindra was just a Non-Banking Finance Company. The bank started expanding slowly with help of organic growth but in 2015, the bank decided to change the strategy to an inorganic form of growth and it took over ING Vysya Bank. With this, there was an expansion in market penetration as well as in the types of services offered. The bank took an aggressive turn towards the products and there was much more to offer.
The bank not only offers many credit card with an annual charge but it also offers credit card which is free to use in terms of the annual charges. If you already have a credit card from Kotak Mahindra Bank and if you believe that you have misplaced the card then you can go ahead and block the card.
In this article, we have listed the process to block the card using different methods so you can follow any of these to block the card.
Steps to Block Kotak Mahindra Bank Credit Card using IVRS
It is quite easy to block the credit card using IVRS. You do not even need the access to the internet while you block the card using IVRS. All you need to do is that you need to call on 1860 266 266 and follow the instructions on IVR to block the card.
Once you are routed to the customer service agent, the agent will validate your account and block the card. He can also help you in ordering a replacement of the card.
Steps to Block Kotak Mahindra Bank Credit Card using SMS
There might be a time when you are traveling and when you are not getting proper signals on your phone. In such a case, you can block the credit card by simply sending an SMS. Below are more details for the same
- The content of the SMS should be KCCLOST<Last 4 Digits of Credit Card Number>
- This message should be sent on 5676788 and once the message is delivered, the card will sbe blocked
You will receive a confirmation SMS confirming that your card has been blocked
Steps to Block Kotak Mahindra Bank Credit Card using Internet Banking
Just like other banks, you can use the internet banking interface for Kotak Mahindra Bank to block the credit card. Here is how you can do it.
- Visit the Kotak Mahindra bank website at kotak.com and login to your account.
- Navigate to the Credit Card and you will see multiple options there. From the list of options, click on Service Request.
- Once you are redirected to a new screen, click on Report Lost Card and then you will be able to put in a request to block your Kotak Mahindra Bank Credit Card.
- Select the card that you wish to block and also enter the reason for blocking the card. Once that is done, submit the request to block the credit card for yourself.
Alternatively, if you do not wish to login to your account to block the card, you can use the self-service portal at Kotak Mahindra Bank’s website. The link to this portal is https://www.kotak.com/en/transaction-services/report-lost-card.html and you can block your credit card using this portal with help of three easy steps.
Steps to Block Kotak Mahindra Bank Credit Card using Mobile Banking
If you wish to block the credit card using the mobile app then the process is
- Initialize the Mobile Banking App and login to your account.
- From the mobile banking app, tap on Credit Card from the bottom of the screen. This will take you to a page dedicated to the credit cards.
- From all the icons, select Credit Card Service Requests and then select Report Lost/Damaged Card.
- Now, you will be able to block the card by entering the details of the card and submitting the request.
These were different ways to block the credit card. No transaction will be processed after blocking the credit card. You can also block your card temporarily and then unblock the card using the same process.