CitiBank is a name that resonates with quality service. Since the inception in India, the bank has increased the customer base and today, it is one of the most favored banks for wealth management services as well as investment management services. The credit card of the Citi Bank is also quite rewarding and you would notice a maximum number of cash back offers of Citi Bank Credit Card.
There are times when you might end up misplacing your Cards and the best decision to take during such time is to block the card and opt for replacement. If you lost your Citi bank credit card then you can find all the different ways to block the Citi Bank Credit Card in this article. You can refer to the section below to find the ways to block your Citi Bank Credit Card.
Steps to Block Citi Bank Credit Card using IVRS
Citi Bank has a dedicated customer care line to address emergency situations. If your Citi Bank Card is stuck in an ATM or if there is an unauthorized transaction from your Citi Bank Credit Card then you can dial into this number. If in case you lost your Citi Bank Card or if you tried to withdraw cash but the money is not dispensed then you can use this helpline number.
The Citibank helpline number is 1800 267 2425 and this number is available 24×7 for your help.
Steps to Block Citi Bank Credit Card using Internet Banking
It is possible to block the Citi Bank Credit Card using the internet banking site. To do so, follow the steps mentioned below
- Navigate to the Citi Bank Website. The link to the website is https://www.online.citibank.co.in/
- Now, login to your Citi Bank accounts using the credentials. Once you are on the login page, you can click on View Account Summary from Left side of the screen.
- In this next step, you need to click on Report lost/stolen card. This will redirect you to a new page where you will be asked to enter some details.
- You need to select the Credit Card Number, Reason and the Replacement Option. Once you enter these details, click on confirm button.
- On the next page, you will now be asked to enter the OTP. Enter the OTP to confirm blocking the card.
- The card will now be blocked once you validate the OTP.
Steps to Block Citi Bank Credit Card using Mobile Banking
Citi Bank offers a mobile app which offers you the provision to block the Citi Bank Credit Card. If in case, you would like to use the mobile app to block the Citi Bank Credit Card then follow the process listed below.
- Initialize the mobile app and login to your app using the user ID and Password that you use to login to the internet banking.
- Now, click on the top right corner of the app and this will display a menu option. From the menu option, tap on Service Requests and you will notice more options.
- Select Report Lost/Stolen Card and you will now be redirected to a new screen. From this screen, select the credit card number, enter the reason and select the option for the replacement of the card.
- Once that is done, click on Continue Button and you will now be asked to enter the OTP.
- Validate the OTP and the card will be blocked. If you selected the replacement of the card then you will get the replacement card within 5 working days.
These were all the different ways that you can use to block your Citi Bank Credit Card. The easiest way is to use the mobile app as you have all the control while using the mobile app. Any charges that are processed on your card after reporting the loss of the credit card is not your liability. Always remember to keep the IVRS number handy in order to block the card when required. Also, you can order a new card while blocking the card and this is usually not chargeable. The card is sent via post to your registered address.