Rani Mukherjee once stationed herself as the top-tiered actress of Bollywood. With the passage of time, newer generations have picked up the pace in the movie industry. However, her distinguished career boasts of multiple great movies that’s worth a watch every single time. So here’s a Top Ten Best Movies of Rani Mukherjee of All Time.
We rewind the clocks and went back in time to reveal the best picks of her distinguished career. There were plenty to choose from and thus we settled on the Top Ten list. Let’s have a peek at what we’ve made up.
On my count, then.
10) Chalte Chalte (2003)
- A drama film by Aziz Mirza, this one had Shahrukh Khan and Rani Mukherjee collaborate for one of the best performances.
- The movie was declared a hit by the box office verdict and was much loved about by the critics.
9) Yuva (2004)
- This one was a political drama film directed by Mani Ratnam.
- It portrayed the storyline of three different youths belonging to different strata of the society.
- The movie featured Ajay Devgan, Abhishek Bachchan, Vivek Oberoi while Esha Deol, Rani Mukherjee, and Kareena Kapoor played the opposite roles.
- The movie fared well at the box office charts and as well as the critics views.
8) Saathiya (2002)
- A romantic comedy movie by Shaad Ali, this one starred Vivek Oberoi and Rani Mukherjee in the leads.
- The movie is a remake of Tamil movie Alaipayuthey.
- The movie was loved by the viewers and critics alike making it super hit on the box office remarks.
- The movie earned Rani Mukherjee the accolade of Critics Award for Best Actress.
7) Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna (2006)
- The movie was a musical romantic drama directed by Karan Johar.
- It featured a wide assembled cast of Shahrukh Khan, Rani Mukherjee, Abhishek Bachchan and Preity Zinta in the leads while Amitabh Bachchan played a supporting cast.
- The movie had a storyline of adultery and extra-marital affairs.
- The movie opened up to wide acclaims from critics and viewers alike. It managed pretty well at the box office charts.
6) Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (1998)
- A Hindi coming-of-age romantic comedy movie, this one was directed by Karan Johar.
- It depicted a love triangle between the characters played by Shahrukh Khan, Kajol, and Rani Mukherjee.
- The movie was a commercial and critical success and has garnered the role of cult classic among all.
- It earned numerous accolades at the Filmfare Awards, namely all four categories of acting.
5) No One Killed Jessica (2011)
- This was a biographical thriller movie based on the storyline of Jessica Lal Murder Case.
- It was directed by Rajkumar Gupta and featured Vidya Balan and Rani Mukherjee in the leads.
- The movie had commercial and critical success and earned four nominations at the Filmfare Awards.
4) Mardaani (2014)
- A crime thriller movie based on the story of human trafficking, this one was directed by Pradeep Sarkar.
- The movie tells a storyline of a policeofficer (played by Rani Mukherjee) who uncovers the secrets of human trafficking in India.
- It featured Rani Mukherjee, Tahir Raj Bhasin and Jisshu Sengupta in pivotal roles.
- The movie fared well on both the box office and critics verdict.
3) Bunty Aur Babli (2005)
- A crime comedy film directed by Shaad Ali and produced by Aditya Chopra, this one was one of the biggest hits of the year at the time.
- The movie featured Amitabh Bachchan, Abhishek Bachchan, Rani Mukherjee in the leads while Aishwarya Rai Bachchan performed on an item song.
- The movie borders on the story of two lovable crooks and the incidents regarding them.
2) Hum Tum (2004)
- This one was a romantic drama film directed by Kunal Kohli.
- The movie featured Rani Mukherjee opposite to Saif Ali Khan in the leads.
- It was loosely based on 1989 comedy drama film, When Harry Met Sally.
- The movie was well received by the critics and viewers.
- Rani Mukherjee won the accolade of Filmfare Best Actress for her role.
1) Black (2005)
- A drama film by Sanjay Leela Bhansali, this one is based on the story of a blind and deaf girl and her relation with her teacher.
- The movie draws inspiration from the life of Helen Keller.
- It featured Amitabh Bachchan and Rani Mukherjee as the leads.
- It remains one of the best movies of Bollywood and was received well by viewers and critics.
- The movie earned Rani Mukherjee Filmfare Award for Best Actress.
Hey, what’s your pick among these? Share your views down below in the comment box and let us know about it.