Irrfan Khan, a method actor, predominantly plying his trade in Indian cinema is truly herculean amongst the Bollywood fraternity. His versatile and natural acting coupled with his flair in the voice makes such an intriguing view to watch.
Also known as Sahabzade Irrfan Khan is the recipient of Padma Shri, the fourth highest civilian honor of India. He has earned National Film Award for Best Actor from Paan Singh Tomar alongside three Filmfare Awards for Paan Singh Tomar, Life in a Metro and Haasil.
It’s time we had a look back on his best films of the past and rank them accordingly in our list of top ten movies. Continuing the series ahead, we present you the top ten best movies of Irrfan Khan of all time.
10) New York (2009)
- A movie by Kabir Khan based on the plot of September 11 attacks and the aftermath issues faced by students and people of Asian descent.
- The movie featured John Abraham, Katrina Kaif and Neil Nitin Mukesh in the leads while Irrfan Khan played the role of a cop.
- The movie earned immense reviews for the whole of thecast and opened the door of Hollywood for Irrfan.
9) Yeh Saali Zindagi (2011)
- A romantic thriller movie with a cast of Irrfan Khan, Chitrangada Singh, Arunoday Singh and Aditi Rao Hydari, this one was a critically acclaimed movie.
- The movie revolves around Arun (played by Irrfan), a chartered accountant and his life events.
8) D-Day (2013)
- An Indian action thriller movie, this one was made on a fictional story base.
- The movie featured Arjun Rampal, Irrfan Khan, Rishi Kapoor, Shruti Hasan and Huma Qureshi in leads.
- The movie was an instant hit at the box office and earned immense plaudits for the story portrayal.
7) Life in a Metro (2007)
- An Indian drama film, this one revolved around the story of nine lives living in a metropolitan city.
- The movie had a wide assembled cast of Dharmendra, Irrfan Khan, Shilpa Shetty, Shiney Ahuja, Kay Kay Menon and more.
- The movie was a breath of fresh air in Bollywood and earned Irrfan Khan the Best Supporting Actor at the Filmfare awards.
6) Haasil (2003)
- A movie that has earned the status of thecult movie over the years, this one was directed by Tigmanshu Dhulia.
- The movie had Jimmy Shergill and Irrfan Khan along with Ashutosh Rana and Hirshita Bhatt as the supporting cast.
- The movie earned Irrfan Khan Filmfare Award for Best Actor in a Negative role.