Hrithik Roshan, often known as the Greek God of the Tinsel town is a heartthrob of millions of viewers in India and abroad. A fine actor blessed with the herculean looks and intensity, this man has truly made his mark in the Bollywood cinema.
Hrithik started his career as a child artist back in the days, but it was his senior debut, Kaho Naa Pyar Hai, that created such a buzz in the B-Town. The man who can match up to any actor on the planet adversary in terms of actions flicks and physique, he has had six Filmfare Awards till date.
Here’s a throwback to the top ten best movies of our very own Greek God, Hrithik Roshan of all time. Let’s start off the proceedings, shall we?
10) Kabhi Khusi Kabhie Gham (2001)
- A movie by Karan Johar, this one had the star cast of Amitabh Bachchan, Shahrukh Khan, Hrithik Roshan, Kajol, Kareena Kapoor and Rani Mukherjee.
- The movie was based on family drama and tells the story of their adopted son falling for a girl from the lower socio-economic group.
- Hrithik Roshan played the role of a younger brother to Shahrukh in the movie.
9) Krrish 3 (2013)
- Hold on, before you raise your eyebrows on this movie ranked at lowly number 9, here’s an answer to it. This was a third installment in the series and featured the same character/role from Hrithik.
- Don’t get disheartened, the first two installments are ranked high up.
- This was a superhero science fiction movie and featured Hrithik along with Priyanka Chopra, Vivek Oberoi and Kangana Ranaut in the leads.
8) Guzaarish (2010)
- A movie based on the story of quadriplegic magician and radio jockey. It was directed by Sanjay Leela Bhansali.
- Although the movie bombed at the box office, Hrithik Roshan proved the saving grace of it with his fine acting skills.
7) Agneepath (2012)
- A modern remake of the cult movie Agneepath starring Amitabh Bachchan, this one featured Hrithik filling in the shoes of the legendary actor Amitabh Bachchan.
- The movie was one of the highest grosser of all time and earned five nominations at the annual Filmfare Awards.
- Hrithik Roshan was much lauded for his portrayal of the character.
6) Zindagi Na Milegi Doobara (2011)
- An Indian coming-of-age movie, this one follows the story of three friends going on for a trip.
- The movie was a critical and commercial success and proved an enjoyable experience throughout.
- Hrithik Roshan played the role of Arjun, a financial broker who is workaholic but finally learns to live the life as the trip and movie gradually continues.
5) Krrish (2006)
- An Indian superhero film, the second in the series of Krrish, this one follows the story from thefirst
- Hrithik played the role of Krishna, son of Rohit Mehra alongside portraying the original father role.
- The movie showcased yet another milestone in the life of Hrithik aka Greek God.
4) Dhoom 2 (2006)
- Again the second of the series of Dhoom, this one is widely lauded as the best movie in the series.
- The movie had Hrithik Roshan play the antagonist Mr. A, a professional thief and Abhishek Bachchan alongside Uday Chopra reprising their cop-role.
- The movie was much loved for its fine acting and action flicks.
3) Jodha Akbar (2006)
- Jodha Akbar was a historical drama film based on the romance between emperor Akbar and JodhaBai.
- The movie won five Filmfare Awards in multiple segments and was widely acclaimed for its movie cinematography and storyline.
- The movie had Hrithik portray the Mughal emperor Akbar while Aishwarya Rai Bachchan played the role of JodhaBai.
2) Kaho Na Pyaar Hai (2000)
- No actor had such an overwhelming debut coming into the Bollywood cinema than Hrithik.
- The movie was first in the line of a distinguished career for Hrithik and featured him in dual roles.
- The movie had Amisha Patel starring opposite Hrithik.
- The movie earned Hrithik the Filmfare Award for Best Debut Actor and Filmfare Award for Best Actor, only the one in the history of the Filmfare Award.
1) Koi Mil Gaya (2003)
- If you’ve ever doubted this man, just give this movie a shot. I’m pretty sure you’d be awe-smacked by his acting caliber.
- The movie had science fiction plot and a storyline of a handicapped kid coming in contact with an alien.
- The movie swept away all the awards during the year as Hrithik claimed the title of Best Actor while Rakesh Roshan swept away the Best Director trophy home.
Coming to the end of the list, we’ve got some honorable names that could have had it says on the list like Bang Bang, Kites, Fiza, Lakshya, Mission Kashmir and more. The audacity oozed by this maverick actor is only matched up by a few in the Bollywood industry. We hope there’s much more from him in the upcoming days. There’s certainly one Mohenjo Daro and another one Kaabil coming up in a year’s time.