Boman Irani, an Indian actor who profoundly lights-off the character on screen with his natural flair of skill and certainty is one of the finest actors bordering on audacity.
Having taken another route to the Bollywood and making his debut at the age of 42, this man has gone on to live off many great roles on the big screen. His indispensable way of prepping any characters with such ease and gusto makes him one of the top-seeded ones in the movie arena.
Here’s a look back onto the fine career of a man who played atutelary character on many of his films in the ilk of Munna Bhai M.B.B.S, 3 idiots, Lage Raho Munna Bhai, Don and more.
Let’s get the clock ticking, shall we?
10) Darna Mana Hai (2002)
- Let’s start off with the one that started his career in the Bollywood. Although not his debut one, bit this one had considerably shared more space on the camera that a previous couple of movies of his career.
- The movie had him play a role of a creepy hotel owner, a fine portrayal in a horror anthology.
9) Well Done Abba (2009)
- A political satire movie, this one had Boman Irani portray a double role.
- The movie had favorable reviews from the top critics of India and earned Boman Irani praise for his acting skills.
8) Don 2 (2011)
- Don 2 was the second installment in the series of Don by Farhan Akhtar.
- The movie had Shahrukh Khan and Boman Irani play the leads while Priyanka Chopra played the supporting cast.
- Boman continued his role of Vardhan, the chief antagonist from the first installment.
7) Being Cyrus (2005)
- An English language Indian film, this one had Saif Ali Khan, Naseeruddin Shan, Dimple Kapadia and Boman Irani as the star cast.
- The movie portrayed Boman Irani in one of the very dark performances of his life as a boorish tyrant.
6) Khosla Ka Ghosla (2006)
- A directorial debut of Dibakar Banerjee, this one had as comedy drama on the plot of land apprehend and builders.
- The movie featured Boman as the gleeful yet underhanded Delhi builder entangled in affine turn of events of land acclaim.
5) Lage Raho Munna Bhai (2006)
- A Hindi drama film, a sequel to the blockbuster movie Munna Bhai M.B.B.S, this one resembled the same cast in the leads from the first one.
- This movie had Boman Irani play the role of Lucky Singh, a self-seeking businessman who is taught a lesson by Munna (played by Sanjay Dutt) and his troops.
4) Main Hoon Na (2004)
- A movie with a star cast of Shahrukh Khan, Suni Shetty, and Boman Irani, this one had Boman play the role of a principal.
- The movie earned him Filmfare nomination for best comedian for his funny and witty portrayal of the principal.
3) Don: The Chase Begins (2006)
- A reboot of the previously hit movie of the legendary actor Amitabh Bachchan, this one is directed by Farhan Akhtar.
- The movie had Shahrukh Khan and Boman Irani along with Priyanka Chopra in the leads well supported by Om Puri, Arjun Rampal, Isha Kopitker and more.
- The movie had Boman relay the character of DCP D’Silva aka Vardhan.
2) Munna Bhai M.B.B.S (2003)
- A movie directed by Raj Kumar Hirani and starring a cast of Sanjay Dutt, Arshad Warsi and Boman Irani in the leads, this one was a true laughter remedy.
- The movie was declared a blockbuster and achieved silver jubilee status, only 8th since the turn of the millennium.
- The movie had Boman portray the role of Dr. JC Asthana. He was lauded for the way he played the character.
1) 3 Idiots (2009)
- Guess, nothing usurps this one.
- 3 Idiots was a movie that shook the whole nation and changed the way thoughts were perceived among the parents and children alike.
- The movie had a powerful storyline acted ergonomically by the fine actors Aamir Khan, Boman Irani, Sharman Joshi, R. Madhavan and Kareena Kapoor in the leads.
- The movie made its way into the top grosser in the Bollywood history home and abroad.
- Boman Irani received Filmfare award for Best Supporting Actor for his portrayal of Viru Sahastrabuddhe aka Virus.
- Truly a once in a lifetime movie, this needs to be watched by all.
Honorable mention does need to go to Waqt: The Race Against Time, Hey Babyy, Houseful, P.K and more. This versatile actor has been lighting up the screen with his fine ability to get under the skin of any character or role.
We finally bid adieu from this list of top ten movies of Boman Irani of all time. Adios.