Often cited as the ‘most beautiful women in the world, Aishwarya Rai remains the top-seeded personalities of Bollywood. A winner of Miss World Pageant in 1994, she has reprised herself among the masses and alike. So off we are in a bid to look back at her movie career and rank them in a list of top ten. Well, that’s how we reach to Top Ten Movies of Aishwarya Rai of All Time.
With a glittering career in the movie realm, she racks up a wealth of options when the talk turns to the best movies of her. We’ve gone through every of her performance till date to put up a prime list of the best among the list.
Let’s get down to the business and unveil the list, shall we?
10) Guzaarish (2010)
- A movie by Sanjay Leela Bhansali, this one was based on the story of quadriplegic magician and radio jockey.
- The movie featured Hrithik Roshan and Aishwarya Rai in the leads.
- It had a critical acclaim even though the movie bombed at the box office circuit.
9) Dhoom 2 (2006)
- The second movie in the series of Dhoom, this one remains as the best of the lot till date.
- The movie featuredHrithik Roshan playing the antagonist Mr. A, a professional thief and Aishwarya Rai as his love interest.
- It had the reprising role for Abhishek Bachchan and Uday Chopra.
- The movie was much loved for its fine acting and action flicks.
8) Robot (2010)
- A Tamil language science fiction movie, this one was titled ‘Enthiran’ and was later dubbed into Hindi as Robot.
- It was directed by S. Shankar and featured Rajnikanth, Aishwarya Rai and Danny Denzongpa in pivotal roles.
- The movie was one of the most expensive movies at the time of making and earned top bucks at the box office charts.
7) Guru (2007)
- A biographical drama film based on the life of Dhirubhai Ambani, this one should be on the watch list of all.
- It was directed by Mani Ratnam and featured Abhishek Bachchan and Aishwarya Rai in leads while Mithun Chakraborty, R. Madhavan, and Vidya Balan played second fiddle.
- The movie was well received by the critics and did great at the box office reports.
- It earned her another nomination into the Filmfare Best Actress segment.
6) Hamara Dil Aapke Pass Hai (2000)
- A movie by Sathish Kaushik, this one is an official remake of Telugu movie ‘Pellichesukundam’.
- It stars Anil Kapoor, Aishwarya Rai and Sonali Bendre in leads.
- The movie dealt with a storyline based on love and social issues.
- It earned Aishwarya Rai another nomination for the Filmfare Best Actress for the year.
5) Mohabbatein (2000)
- Another of musical romantic drama film in the career of Aishwarya Rai, this one was directed by Aditya Chopra.
- The movie had a star cast of Amitabh Bachchan, Shahrukh Khan, Aishwarya Rai in the leads.
- It further featured Jimmy Shergill, Uday Chopra, Kim Sharma, Sharmila Shetty and more in supporting cast.
- It had a great performance at the box office and was loved for by the critics and viewers.
4) Jodha Akbar (2008)
- A historical drama film based on the romance between emperor Akbar and JodhaBai, this one was directed by Ashutosh Gowariker.
- The movie had Hrithik portray the Mughal emperor Akbar while Aishwarya Rai Bachchan played the role of JodhaBai while Sonu Sood played a supporting cast.
- The movie won five Filmfare Awards in multiple segments and was widely acclaimed for its movie cinematography and storyline.
3) Taal (1999)
- A musical romantic drama film, this one was directed by Subash Ghai.
- The movie featured Akshay Khanna, Aishwarya Rai and Anil Kapoor in the leads while Amrish Puri and Alok Nath played pivotal roles throughout.
- The movie is one of the best Indian movies on box office remarks at domestic and international levels.
- Aishwarya Rai received a nomination for the Filmfare Best Actress title for her role.
2) Devdas (2002)
- A movie based on the Bengali novel of the same name by Sarat Chandra Chattopadhyay, this had a grandeur feel to it.
- It was directed by Sanjay Leela Bhansali and featured Shahrukh Khan, Aishwarya Rai and Madhuri Dixit in the leads.
- The movie was a commercial and critical success and earned five National Awards alongside Nine Filmfare Awards.
1) Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam (1999)
- A movie that set her tone in the Bollywood, Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam was directed by Sanjay Leela Bhansali.
- It featured Salman Khan, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Ajay Devgan in leads and has a storyline based on thelove
- The movie focuses on romantic-drama theme and was released in the English-speaking world as Straight from the Heart.
- It earned Aishwarya the accolade of Filmfare Award for Best Actress.
What was your pick of the bunch among these? Ping us back in the comment box and let us know.