Top 10 Largest Statues in Asia 2016

Being home to numerous distinct things, Asia is one of the most celebrated continents in the world that have made its place among the 7 continents on the earth. While it comes to architecture and decoration of the country, the countries of Asia have stood first in the run. Asia is the home to almost 99 percent statues and the remaining 1 percent may be the America as they boast of their Lady Liberty.

The statues represent the divineness, belief symptoms or any influential thing that the world should remember. So here is the list of the Top 10 Largest or tallest Statues in Asia:

10. The Grand Buddha

One of the largest statues in the continent of Asia that have made the 10th rank in the year of 2016 is the statue of Grand Buddha. This statue was completed in the year of 1996 that is located at the south of Longshan Mountain, China. The statue is over 88 meters tall is made from the bronze metal. The statue of Grand Buddha is weighing almost 700 tons.

9. Dai Kannon at Kita no Miyako Park

Next on the list is the statue from Japan. This statue of the lady represents the goddess of Buddhist, Guanyin. The statue was completed in the year of 1989 and is considered to be the 10th tallest statue on Earth and the 9th tallest statue in the Asia. With the length of almost 289 foot, this statue stands on our list.

8. The Great Buddha of Thailand

Another one of the tallest statue in the continent of Asia is the statue of Great Buddha in Thailand. This statue is also known as to be The Big Buddha or Phra Buddha Maha Nawamin. Being in the height of almost 92 meters, this statue is the 8th largest statue in Asia and also the tallest statue in the Thailand.

7. Guan Yin Statue:

This one also belongs to the country of China. This statue is considered to be one of the tallest statues in Asia that took almost 6 years to complete. This statue stands alone on the island of Hainan. The statue of the Guan Yin is glided with the bonze metal and is almost 325 footabove the ground level.

6. Sendai DaiKannon

Next statue on the list is the second statue from Japan that is located in Sendai. With the length of 100 meters, this statue is the 6th longest statue in Asia and also in the world. This pristine white statue always remains open for the tourists and an elevator takes the tourists to the top of the statue.

5. Emperors Yan and Huang Statue

Next on the list is another longest statue in Asia for the year of 2016, is the Emperors Yan and Huang Statue from China its 106 meters. This statue is the 5th tallest statue in the world and also in Asia with the total length of The construction of this statue took almost 20 years to complete and was opened in the year of 2007.

4. Guishan Guanyin of the Thousand Hands and Eyes

This one also belongs from China. As the name implies, this statue represents the 32 arms and eyes of the Lord of Buddha. The statue is considered to be the 4th largest statue in Asia with the total height of 325 feet The statue was completed in the year of 2009 and is considered to be the true representative of the masterpiece of art.

3. Ushiku Daibutsu

The statue from Japan is another one on our list. This statue is considered to be the divine statue for the followers of Buddha. Being completed in the year of 1993, this statue stands erect with the total length of 120 meters. This beautiful statue weighs almost 4000 tons. The statue consists of the 5 floors and a beautiful museum inside.

2. Laykyun Setkyar Statue

This beautiful statue belongs to the country of Burma that is considered to be the 3rd largest statue in the whole world and the 2nd one in Asia. With the length of almost 116 meters, it was completed in the year of 2008. Inside this statue, the visitors find 32 floors that are filled with the historical amusements.

1. The Spring Temple Buddha

The Spring Temple Buddha

Again from Chia, this statue is the longest statue in the continent of Asia. The statue was built in the year of 2002 and is almost 502 feet This statue gives the breathtaking views of the country side.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *